Meet the Owners!
After Sally Johnson’s son, Digby was diagnosed with Autism and ADHD at aged two, she dreamed of an affordable, inclusive place that she could take him where he could play freely on suitable sensory equipment and where she could meet families on a similar journey.
Many years later, she learned that such a place existed – We Rock the Spectrum, Kids Gyms – but that they were only in the United States. She knew she needed to find a way for her local community of Darebin to benefit from these amazing spaces.
She reached out to fellow Mum and We Rock’s founder, Dina Kimmel and the concept for We Rock the Spectrum – Australia was born. Sally’s brother, Marcus Johnson is joining her to bring We Rock’s Indoor Play Gyms Down Under.
With busy young families, extensive backgrounds in Marketing and business and deep routes in the Australian Autism Acceptance Community, Sally and Marcus are hugely passionate about bringing the We Rock concept to their local area of Darebin.
‘We Rock the Spectrum Kids Gyms will provide Darebin families with a place of acceptance, where ALL kids can be themselves and benefit from expert play equipment and staff, in an affordable way. We are excited to bring these sensory spaces to our community in Preston and all around the country.’
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination